Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1.9.9.1.6.

Ok, not really a secret code just the patent number for our first patent in company history! Time to break out the champagne! This is a project that started back in 2004 when three employees found a unique Nandina growing in a crop of Nandina Firepower. At first sight we called it Blush because it just keeps "blushing" as it grows. Today Jerry Pittman from Flowerwood emailed me and said he saw it had been assigned a number. I practically screamed from my office, told Holly to come see. I think she thought something was wrong, haha! It is days like these that keep you coming back.

This plant will be named Blush Pink Nandina and will be released this Fall as part of the Southern Living Collection, Yippee!

Check out the patent here:

uspto.gov, search under Nandina.

It will make you cross eyed!!! At least it did when I wrote it!

No comments:

Post a Comment