Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Check out this plant


We emailed this one as our plant of the month for December. I thought everyone would enjoy seeing it on the blog...yes I am just now getting to it, busy, busy! this is a new PlantHaven variety, Euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow'. We will have a limited growing season here in Texas as I can't see it surviving the heat and humidity of the summer, yet I still could not resist!

The weather has been nippy for us Texans this year.  We hope we get some warmer, sunny days soon so the little plants can start growing for spring!  It is hard to grow when there is not sun, warmth and we don't water for 10 days so no fertilizer either!

Next week I head North to freeze some more.  Holly and I will be at the MANTS show in Baltimore from January 6th-8th.  If you are there, come by and see us, we love company!  Also we will have our new grower calendars there.  this year we made them smaller at 8.5" x 11" so hopefully it will be better on the bag load as our previous year's calendar was a little over sized.

I hope to writeup a 2009 summary.  I get internet at home Monday, yippee!  So this should make things easier as the evenings are the best for me to sit down and sort my thoughts!

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment