Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dallas Arboretum Plant Trials 2010

The day was June 23rd, 2010, the place, Dallas, Texas.  If you know Texas then you should not be surprised that it was boiling hot that day.  While I do love the heat, I hate being soaked sweaty in front of everybody at a conference!  I think I won the award for most sweaty shirt that day!  I arrived about 12:30pm, yes, just in time for the heat to really start kickin’!  This was the first time that Magnolia Gardens Nursery or I had attended, so I was pretty excited.  We got a table to display some of the many new items we are carrying, all of which we donated to the Arboretum so they can continue to have cool new things on display!  There were plenty of annuals on trial which I tend to tone out a bit since we do not grow these.  All was good because Jimmy also has plenty of grasses and perennials on trial.  My favorites were the UGA Pennisetums, as Jimmy would say “Purple Corn!!!!” and the Rudbeckia ‘Denver Daisy’.  Both of which we carry, wink wink!!  There are a ton of new products out there so I look forward to sending Jimmy plenty of samples to play with.  This way we can see how these puppies actually perform!  I don’t want to ramble and bore you any further so I will now let the pictures speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment