Monday, October 4, 2010

Plant Delights Nursery

The liner grower has traveled alot this year but one of the place that sticks out is Plant Delights Nursery in Raleigh, NC. This place is a plant nerd's dreamland! If you want ordinary run of the mill plants, this is not the place for you. If you like unusual never before heard of crazy outstandingly beautiful plants, you have arrived at the proper destination. I visited the nursery during a recent trip in August to the Raleigh area for an IPPS Southern Region board meeting. I had some extra time and a car so of course I had to go see some plants! I have heard of PDN many times, see their website often on my google searches and get the catalog which I love, love, love! If you don't have a clue what I am talking about, just visit the website here: plantdelights.com to get a little taste. You can signup for their newsletter as well as request a catalog, highly suggested!  Not only are they informative, they are entertaining as well!

To top of the great visit to PDN I got to tour the Botanical Gardens and my tour guide was none other than Tony Avent, what a wealth of knowledge!  Here are some of the pictures I took along the way.  Now, time to get online and order a few plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment