Monday, February 8, 2010

The GSHE Report 2010

Ok, ok, so this show was 4 weeks ago!  I know, but now I finally have some time to write about it.  Holly and I went to Mobile, AL a day earlier than we needed to so we could attend the Southern Living Plant Collection Grower Group meeting.  We  flew into New Orleans because it was about 300.00 cheaper per ticket, then drove the rest of the way to Mobile.  We had a nice Chrysler Sebring, I like to call it a Seabreeze though, nice!
  The meeting was at the Hampton Inn which was convienent since that was were we were staying already!  When we got to the entrance a nice little Nandina welcomed us!
  PDSI did an outstanding job of hosting the group and gave a great presentation.  The presentation consisted of an update on how the program is currently doing, new plant introductions for 2010 and plants in the pipeline for 2011 and beyond.  Of course Holly and I were tickled to see all of the literature on our 3 Nandina babies!  They even had a very nice 83" tall pop up banner highlighting the Nandina trio!  The banner said 'Superior Nandinas' and was at the front of the room, I'd say we agree!

I think we will have to order one of these for our office, oh yes!  This banner is just one of the items that the grower group and retailers can order from PDSI to help promote the brand, whether at tradeshows or in their stores. All in all things were positive and we got several orders by being there, so the extra day definitely paid off!  There was one non-believer if you will...em...em McCorkle.  But I stood up and told Andy I would make a believer out of him!  Andy is correct in his thinking, I will give him that.  Many new Nandinas on the market these days just are not that different from what is already on the market.  I have seen many Nandinas come through our doors so I know this, the new one we have are totally different than anything I have seen and they are interesting!  After a long day Holly and I relaxed to get ready for day 2.  The second day we got to tour Flowerwood Nurseries and PDSI, after this we had to set up our booth, yeah!  The visit to PDSI was great ebcause we got to see all of our little babies starting to grow up!  The pictures show Obsession, then Flirt, then Blush Pink, Beeeeautiful!

Also we saw some Queen Mum Agapanthus that we do here in the lab, another great new plant in the collection.
  After our visit we got the booth set up then went to relax again so we would be ready for 2 days of tradeshow.  Our booth turned out great and Stacie once again stole the show! 
People love to take pictures of her and with her.  Also I got some pics of the PDSI booth since they had such a nice display of some Superior Nandinas!!!  The mood was positive at the show, I hope Spring sales are way positive!  Remember plants are a necessity not a luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment