Monday, May 9, 2011

Rancho Tissue Technologies, Spring Trials 2011

Wow, Spring is truely kickin' this year so I am trying to get caught up in the office when I can! Here are a few shots I got at Rancho Tissue Technologies while I was there for Spring Trials. I had to kick myself because I totally forgot to charge my camera and it died before I could take all the pics I wanted to take! I did get some good shots though. I am in love with the new Echeveria 'Cante' as well as a new Dyckia in the works, I believe the name is something like 'Marnyay'. See the pictures below to see for yourself. Black was in a few years ago for plant color, I say white is the new black! Of course who can resist all the mini Aloes, I have placed an order for the 'Marmelade' I think it will be a nice addition to our ever growing aloe line. Did you know we have 7 now? How cool is that? Also I really liked a larger Aloe they are releasing, Aloe rubroviolacea 'Violet'. Tons of Agave as well, it was hard to decide which one I liked the best. I really like the 'Little Sharkskin', so hopefully we can get some of those in soon. If you have never been to RTT, you must go just to see the big hill planting of tons of succulents. Heather told me it used to be the dump pile, definitely a huge improvement! There are plants there you will not see anywhere else. The breeder on staff, Kelly Griffin, travels the world in search of succulent goodness. Keep on tracking the globe for these babies, we love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment